Director of Discipleship
First United Methodist Church in Elkin, N.C. is seeking a full-time Director of Discipleship. The director is responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive program of Christian Faith Formation and Discipleship for all ages with an emphasis on youth ministry.
The Director of Discipleship of EFUMC:
- Provides staff leadership for the Discipleship of the church, ensuring that the ministry is in alignment with the church’s mission, “Follow Jesus, Make Disciples, Transform the World,” and EFUMC’s vision of “Becoming a well of living water through Christian Discipleship and relationships with God and each other, reaching out and serving all God’s children and creation.”
- Develops, supports, resources and equips volunteers in the area of Christian Discipleship, particularly those working with youth.
- Interfaces and coordinates with the Pastor, Staff and relevant Ministry Teams to deliver a comprehensive, holistic ministry of Christian Faith Formation and Discipleship to all ages.
- Develops new and creative ministries designed to aid in the faith development of particularly youth and integrate Discipleship and Faith Formation into the greater life of the church.
- Ministers to youth and their families and builds relationships with parents, children, and members of the congregation.
The applicant shall be a committed Christian who demonstrates an active faith life and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He/She should possess a baccalaureate degree, preferably in Christian Education or a closely related field, and shall have experience teaching or directing educational activities in a Christian setting. The applicant should be able to communicate enthusiasm for Christian Faith Formation and Discipleship having an in-depth knowledge of the Bible and Wesleyan Theology. She/He shall also possess skills in written and oral communication.
Additional information about the position may be found by CLICKING HERE.
Applicants should send resumes to Rev. Mark Barden, First United Methodist Church, 340 Hawthorne Road, Elkin, NC 28621. Deadline for receiving applications is January 20, 2016.